Mounting

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
DavidM
Mounting

Would be great to see photos of how folks mounted their boxes , ran cables , and the power to these units......

I'm just getting started and a lot of the old post the picture isn't available to see...

Devoir

Neal
this is my installation

07-01-18 I've been building an enclosure for the last month. I've posted photos in a zip file, under forums - enclosures (Neal). Please open it up and send me a comment. I'd like to know if it's working.

DavidM
Neal many thanks

I will search the other enclosure forum for you build

DLM

Mark
Mark's picture
Mounting hardware

I used an old ammo box in one case with "waterproof" through-hulls (they weren't water tight), worked ok. Plenty of room for battery, pi, solar charge controller. Next one will have a different route for cables that will allow quick removal rather than threading through holes.

Image: 
Ammo box external
Ammo box internal view

Mark in Willistown, PA
Hivetool and FlowHive

Mark
Mark's picture
A second method for mounting hardware

In the second case, I''m using a NatHive (a two queen Demere system) https://twoqueenhive.com/. There is a convenient space between the two brood chambers to mount all desired equipment and have room left over.

Image: 
Nathive front right
Nathive rear
Nathive equipment bay

Mark in Willistown, PA
Hivetool and FlowHive

Neal
I like your build

Let me know how that solar charger works, I have the same one on my boat in FL ,I pluged it on and left.
I have never seen that kind of brod box on the bottom ,can you point me to more info about it?